Answered By: Anne Jung Last Updated: Nov 12, 2014 Views: 2
This is Anne Jung, one of the reference librarians at Lamson. I'm afraid that the only paper we have that goes back for any significant time period, is the Plymouth paper which has been published under a number of names. Here are our holdings for that paper.
- Plymouth Record, library has 1956-1973 in paper, as well as a number of scattered issues dating back to 1887, located in Archives/Special collections.
- Plymouth Record, library has 1956-1973 in microfilm, Lower Level near Curriculum.
- Record Citizen, library has 1973-1993 in microfilm, Lower Level near Curriculum.
- Record Enterprise, library has 1993-2009 in microfilm. Lower Level near Curriculum.
- Record Enterprise, current, not on film. Located on newspaper shelves, on the Lower Level, near the cafe.
***This is a list of the "scattered issues" held in the archives"
July 2, 1887
July 9, 1887
July 16, 1887
Aug 10, 1901
Nov 18, 1905
Aug 1, 1914
Sept 15, 1917
Sept 20, 1919
Nov 30, 1929
Dec 28, 1929
March 1, 1930
Jan 7, 1943
Oct 4, 1945
Nov 8, 1945
Feb 14, 1946
Most of our issues are available via microfilm and we would be happy to assist you in looking at them. You may wish to contact the Plymouth Historical Society as they have a number of holdings you might find helpful. Here is a link to their page:
Please let us know if you have additional questions.